Saturday 30 March 2013

With You, Is Where My Heaven Lies - Chapter 5

Holding hands and walking on beach.


Next morning I woke up at 6 AM. There was too much of time for my job, so I thought of going for a walk. It was still dark outside. But as I was not afraid of this darkness I went for a walk. I went to the beach where coincidentally I found Raag.


"Hey! Good morning," I said. "Good morning." He replied. "So, how are now?"
"I am fine. By the way how come you are here in this early morning?" "Just like that. What about you?"
"Just... like that."
"What happened? You still don't seem Okay."


He didn't say anything. His silence was killing me.


"Please say something Raag. If you think, I am your friend please share it with me." I said. "10 years back I lost my dad on the same day." He said.
"Oh! I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."


He went silent again. I kept my hand on his shoulder. "Raag." I addressed him.
"I was in 2nd grade when my mom passed away. My dad took care of me from then. He was the best father. He was a bartender. Once after his job he was coming back home. On his way, he saw something that ruined his life. Someone had shot his best friend in front of his eyes. That guy saw my father and ran after him. My dad called the cops immediately but that guy called up his gang. That guy caught my dad; meanwhile his gang fellows also reached there. They started beating my dad but fortunately the cops arrived there and rescued my dad. My dad safely reached home whereas they all got arrested. He decided to go far away from that city. Next day, we shifted to
this town and were very happy until that day. I was in grade 7 and it was the day of my result. I got A+ and was very excited about it. I ran to show the result to my dad. But on my way the scene that I saw was the last thing I ever saw. It was the last time I saw my dad. That guy had sent someone
to kill me and my dad. He was beating my dad very badly. My dad asked me to run from there. I ran as fast as possible. Another guy followed me. I heard the noise of gun shooting and turned back.


I saw my dad lying on the ground hit with a bullet. Suddenly I got distracted by the noise of the horn from the tanker loaded with some chemicals. To save me from accident the tanker driver took a turn and clashed with the electric lamp post due to which the chemical from the tank
 
spread on the ground. I slipped on the ground and came in contact with that chemical. I went unconscious. When I woke up everything was dark. I lost my eyesight as well as my dad who meant the world to me. I was left all alone fighting with this darkness. The guy who was arrested was then sentenced to death. But it didn't bring my dad back to me."


As he completed this a tear rolled over his cheek. My eyes too became wet but I controlled myself. I removed his shades and took the stick from his hand.


"What are you doing?" He asked.
I held his hand and said, "You don't need this anymore. I'll always be there for you lightning up your way."


"Roshni... till when?" He asked. "Till the day I breathe my last."


The sun started rising slowly and we came close to each other. The sky filled with red color spreading love everywhere.


"The sky looks amazing. Its totally covered with shades of red. See it through my eyes." I said. "Its beautiful." He said and smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment