Thursday 4 April 2013

With You, Is Where My Heaven Lies - Chapter 11


I know I am being rude, but I have to do this. I too can't live without you but...


Ronnie stepped out of the car and stood at the end of the road. I was not knowing how to react at this situation. I kept sitting in the car. Ronnie came to me and opened the door.


"Get out of the car." He said.
I came out of the car and stood beside him. "You seriously love him?" He asked.
"Yes." I said looking into his eyes.
He took the gun and stared at me. "What are you gonna do?" I asked.
"I am just gonna cure your disease." He said. "What?"
"Love, my dear, love. You cannot leave him... but I can help him leave this world." He said and
gave a cruel smile.
"You are not gonna do anything like this." "Whose gonna stop me? You?" He cruelly said.
"You're not gonna harm him, please." I fell down on my knees and pleaded before him.
"I can't believe this. You are pleading for the person who is responsible for our father's death?" "He is not responsible for anything. Dad himself was the one responsible for everything. He was a criminal and so are you." I shouted. He slapped me and I fell on ground.


"Bloody hell. Only if you were not my sister, I would have shot you dead at this very moment." He said in anger.


"If not you, I can at least kill that bastard." He added.


I looked into his eyes. I can purely see blood running in his eyes. I became more frightened. I fell down on my knees begging for Raag's life.


"Please don't do this to me. I won't be able to live without him." I pleaded.


"Damn it! Man, you are begging for him? What is so much attached to him? Why can't you understand? Why are you ignoring the fact that he is the bloody son of the person with whose grace... we lost our dad."


I felt very helpless. I wasn't able to convince Ronnie. I looked at him and wiped off my tears. I snatched the gun from him and placed on my forehead. I was about to hit the trigger when Ronnie immediately snatched the gun from me.


"Have you gone mad? You were giving your life for that person? Is he so important to you?" He asked in shock.


I fell on the ground and wept badly. Ronnie picked me up from arms. "I'm sorry. Just look at me." Ronnie said.
I looked into his eyes. For the first time I saw repentance in his eyes.


"I can spare his life only at one condition." He said looking into my eyes. "What?" I asked.
"You'll never meet him again. You'll meet him for the last time and tell him that you are no more interested in him. Promise me."
"Ronnie, please don't do this to me. I can't do this. I won't be able to live without him." "Fine, now I'll not be the one responsible for his death." He said and headed back to the car.


"Ronnie, I promise you." I said to him without looking at him and sat in the car.


We went back to my place. Ronnie was going to stay with me. I went into my room and locked myself inside. I wept very badly. There was no reason left for me to live. This world seemed as if it was nothing but just a planet revolving round the sun. The night was passing, but I was still at that moment when I promised Ronnie not to meet Raag. I was still at the place where we first kissed. The flashback of our meetings were just so picture perfect. But everything that reminded me of



him was very painful because now those moments will just become memories. Life is a novel and Raag was the best chapter of my novel. I wouldn't be able to forget him I know that, but without letting him go away, I won't be able to see him again. Then I came out of my thoughts and went to the terrace. The sky, now, was no more a black velvet cloth. It seemed as if it depicted my life without Raag: dark. I thought of meeting Raag the next day and breaking up the relationship. I went back to my room and stood before the window, waiting for the morning to come. This time the sun was going to bring darkness in my life.


Next morning I called up Raag to meet. He was already waiting for me at the beach. I prepared myself and left from home. I saw him waiting for me at the beach. I went to him and wished that the world should stand still at this very moment. Time should stop at this very point of second. Everyone should disappear except us hugging each other.
"Roshni!" He said and I came out of my thoughts. "Hi!" I said.
"Hey!" Raag said.


Every time when I met him, I used to hug him. But this time it was different. I did not hug him. He found it a little weird.


"What happened?" He asked. "Nothing." I said.
"So, you told your brother?" "What?"
"About us."
"About us. What about us?"
"About us Roshni. Why are you asking such weird questions?"
"Because there is nothing to tell about us. I just had a good time with you that's it. Nothing else-" "Nothing else? Roshni, I want to be with you... forever. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Roshni."
"What? Raag, are you OK? I didn't knew this would go so serious. I-" "You don't want to?"
"Oh c'mon. Be practical Raag. I never thought of this. I like your company that does not mean I
want to live my entire life with you. There's nothing like that between us." "Why? I don't know why are you doing this to me. What's the matter Roshni?"
"Listen Raag, I'm like a bird, I love to fly in the whole sky. You can't keep the bird in cage, right? I
love to flow with the breeze." As I ended this I gulped. Raag was completely speechless.
"Well, Raag, I think before you take it more seriously, we should end this. So, goodbye." I said.


Raag held my hand and a tear from my eye fell on his hand. Immediately I wiped that tear.


"I'm sorry Raag, I have to go. Goodbye." I said and ran from there.


Ronnie was waiting for me on the other side. I sat in the car and looked into the mirror. I could clearly see Raag standing behind. He was standing still without any movement. He froze. He was completely stupefied. I wasn't able to see him in this condition so I dropped the mirror down and looked out from the window. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. My world felt like sinking. Every second I felt as if the time, instead of running forward, should rewind. I just wanted to be with him at this very moment. Raag was still standing there trying to understand what had happened. He was totally shell-shocked. He had become numb. And within seconds he fell on the ground, unconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment