Saturday 6 April 2013

With You, Is Where My Heaven Lies - Chapter 13


I can't afford losing you...


Suddenly someone from behind caught Raag and he was saved from running over by a car. "Are you OK?" The person who saved Raag's life asked him.
Raag did not answer to him and kept on walking. Still he kept on moving impassively. His eyes
were as dry as desert but I know... his heart was crying.


He ended up at the beach. The roaring sound of the waves were no more musical notes for him. That sound was hurting his ears. He felt as if to shut the door behind the world and stay alone. Stay away from all the noises and from all the feelings. He took a deep breath and sat down. A tear fell from his eye and after few moments he started weeping. After a while he gulped in and wiped his tears. He thought of something and stood up.
***************************************************************************
 Just as we were about to proceed with our bags loaded with guns and money, someone from
outside warned us about some cops heading towards us. We rushed towards our jeep. But while
escaping I lost my locket which was given by Raag.


We made a successful escape. And to celebrate our success, Ronnie planned a party in the club and as usual I emphatically had to go with them.


The club was too noisy. Everyone from our group was busy enjoying the drinks and dancing. But I
felt like shouting on the middle of the floor. I was missing Raag. In spite of being in the crowd, I
felt alone. There was no one present there who could understand what I was going through. There was no one over there whom I could consider as mine. I was feeling uncomfortable there. Ronnie was totally drunk and so was I. I just wanted to forget everything so I joined Ronnie for drinks. But as much as I got drunk, it kept me reminding of him more.


Everything seemed so strange to me. I wanted to be aloof for a while so I escaped from there. As I reached home, I found Raag waiting for me. I stared at him with bleary eyes as I was not sure if Raag was actually there in front of me or was I dreaming. He was standing near the window.


"Raag? Are you in real? Or have I drunk so much that I have started imagining you?" I asked and went near him.


"Roshni, are you drunk?" Raag asked. "Oh! So you are actually here, hah?" "Yes, and I'll always be here for you." "Why?"
"What an absurd question is this?"


"Why you want to get into trouble, Raag?" "Trouble? What are you talking about?"
"Yes, I am the biggest problem Raag. Please go away from here. Just go."


"What are you saying Roshni? You are not a problem for me. You are... you are... I am out of words to explain what you mean to me. Roshni, I am incomplete without you. My life, it's just so dark without you. Roshni, I started seeing this world through you... Please don't make me blind again."


Raag forwarded his hand to hold mine. I gave him a bear hug and cried badly.


"Roshni, please don't cry. What's the matter? Please share with me Roshni. I am always there with you and I'll always be there standing by your side in every situation." Raag consoled me.


"If you'll know my reality, you'll start hating me." I said wiping my tears. "Hating you! I would prefer death. And which reality are you talking about?"



I took a deep breath. I wasn't sure if I were doing the right thing by telling him the truth. But as I was drunk, I did not bother about that thing. I gathered all my guts to speak out the truth that day.


"Raag, I'm sorry. I lied to you." I said and took a deep breath.


"Lie? About what? Roshni, will you please expound?" Raag said earnestly.


"Raag, I did not run from the home because my brother wanted me to marry his friend. The truth is... I ran away because I was fed up of my brother's criminal instincts. Yes Raag, you heard it correctly. Ronnie is a big time wanted criminal. And I am the daughter of the biggest name in the criminals. My dad was none other than the one who was condemned to death because... because your father had reported to the police about him. After knowing this, Ronnie wanted to kill you. But I promised him that I won't meet you anymore and convinced him to not to harm you at all." Just as I completed this, I looked at Raag to notice his expression.


Raag was lost in some thoughts. I placed my hand on his hand.


"Raag... after being acquainted with the truth, are you thinking of leaving me?" I asked playing with the sleeves of his shirt.


Raag held my hand, kissed it and gave a faint smile.


"No, my sweetheart. I can never even think of leaving you." Raag said and hugged me. "So, what to do now?" Raag inquired.
But I did not respond.


"Roshni." Raag called out for me, but I was unconscious.


Raag interpreted that I dozed off as I was drunk. He made me sleep on the couch.


**********************************************************************************
**********


Robin found the locket which I had lost while escaping after the kidnap. Robin observed the locket carefully. He understood that the locket belonged to Raag. But he was bewildered as to how that locket reached there. He investigated about it and found the whole story behind it. Finally, Robin too understood the situation as to why I was ignoring Raag.

No comments:

Post a Comment